Wednesday, June 13th, 2018 by nvadmin
As a property owner, it’s important to understand the significant role a drainage system plays within any home or facility. One should be cautiously aware if the system is accurately working, as its main responsibility is to thoroughly drain excess water from the outside and prevent any damp soil from invading the home. It’s crucial to pay attention to detail especially as these cases occur during heavy or frequent summer rain storms.
Having a proper system aligned and installed, allows the entire property to breathe better and work more effectively. During these summer months between June through end of August, unforeseen rain storms consume the Northern Virginia region and can become quite overwhelming at times.
Therefore, prepare for the unexpected, as the team at NV Waterproofing introduced three resourceful signs to assist in knowing if the drainage system is working properly this summer
1. Unexplained water stains:
- The basement serves as the first line of defense for any property and so it makes sense that this is also the first common place to find excess amounts of water flooding or water stains randomly appearing. Surface water traveling from the outside travels through this system which prevents it from getting into the property, but with a failure mechanism, it could cause trouble.
- If noticed especially right after a rain has passed, this could also be an initial sign of poor drainage. Meaning that the drainage system could be broken, worn out to the point of needing a replacement.
2. Horrible odor
- Water that seeps through the drainage system and continues to build up throughout time, ends up causing high humidity levels to rise within the home. Becoming harmful to breathe and easily damaging other parts within the property. This is another initial sign that notifies you that there may be something wrong with the drainage system.
- Mildew or mold can easily become infested if the drainage system is not taken care of immediately. Places such as the basement or the attic are common areas that show attentive signs for immediate care.
3. Cracks or deteriorating walls
- Another sign that there may be a problem with your drainage system is if you begin to notice strange and unexplained cracks or poor conditions arising in random areas around the basement walls. The water builds up can easily damage these walls which can cause another problem to arise down the road, if ignored.
What’s a Quick Fix?
Hiring a general home maintenance contractor in Northern Virginia is highly recommended as they accurately inspect the source of the problem and can give a proper assessment to what the next steps should be. The drainage system may be slightly damaged or possibly need a completely new one installed.
At NV Waterproofing, we offer a selective variety of Drainage systems ready for use. Our drainage systems are designed to fit any residential or commercial building for that matter. NV Waterproofing’s general contractors in Northern Virginia, are all highly qualified and certified to inspect any problem, as well as properly replace or install a brand-new system for you. Our services include crack repairs, basement flooding, and solving foundation problems.
Trust NV Waterproofing to Make the Right Call This Summer!
What’s great about NV Waterproofing is that each and every one of our general contractors begin with extensive training and completion of certifications in order to reassure that you are always left in great hands. Our professional contractors are experts in general home maintenance, estimates, and installing or replacing HVAC appliances suited for any property.
Call 1-855-649-7594 for a FREE estimate or visit our online contact page for more information.